Saturday, June 13, 2009

Day 39, June 5 - Kazan'

0km - 2507km, sunny 25C, no wind, 0 shots, 0 sauna, 0 Lenin, HC

Woke up early to write the letter that I had to print, sign and scan in to email to SFCU. Played on the internet a little bit more contacting people in Kazakhstan who might be able to host me in the coming weeks (although my schedule is a a little up in the air right now!). We then had breakfast and headed into town to exchange dollars for roubles and to use the internet cafe to print and scan my signed letter, and then to Adel's language department where I had to use German and French to explain what the hell I was doing in Kazan'. We walked around town stopping on Baumann street to relax in a Euro-style cafe watching all the Kazan'ites saunter by.

Talked to Timur, who had chatted with the police about my missing wallet. They had arrested one of the boys, who denied anything and pointed the blame back at the girls. By now, my missing wallet had just turned into an inconvenience and I was wanting to get on with cycling; however, I still had to check with Visa and SFCU to ensure that all was in order. I headed over to Timur's place in the early evening and checked my email. SFCU had received my email and had cancelled my debit cards and sent off my replacement card to my temporary Kazan' address by FedEx (to arrive within 6-8 business days ... ). Cooked up a pilmany sauce and ate a delicious dinner with the three other flat denizens. Showed a few photos and then set up my little sleeping area on the enclosed balcony. Went to sleep with the piter-pater of rain falling on the eaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment