Sunday, June 21, 2009

Day 48, June 14 - Kazan wait for card day

0km - 2931km, hot and sunny 33C, wind, 0 shots, 0 sauna, 1 Lenin, HC

Woke up fairly early and played around on the internet uploading FB photos and catching up on news (apparently there is a swine flu going around?). Did some much-needed laundry and then decided to go to the center to do some distance/route calculations to see if the delays caused by my lack of plastic cards would prevent me from getting to Beijing. Luckily, McDonalds has free WiFi and air conditioning. The distance calculations seem to indicate that I should be able to make Beijing, provided that nothing really goes wrong with the bicycle and riding. The ripple effect, though, is that I will have to have some long days in the next couple of weeks and won't have too many free days in China.

Stayed downtown to meet up with Maria, a Couch Surfing afficionado who saw online that I was kicking around Kazan. We chatted for a couple hours, having a couple of delicious local suds. I then went to the mini-market on the way home and grabbed some stuff for spaghetti. Adel and I cooked that up and sat around playing his guitar and strumming classics from 90s. With a few beers in the belly, I settled in to the balcony bed for a long sleep in.

No comments:

Post a Comment