Thursday, May 7, 2009

Day 7, May 4 - Hungover in Sumy

Woke up around 10.30h with a slight headache, remembered how many toasts were drunk, and then promptly developed a full-on body ache. One of Alex's friends, Dima, came over and took me out to find some extra quick links for my chain. I wasn't too optimistic, but with 15 minutes I had 4 extra pairs - and for about 1/3 of the price that I would have paid in North America. Headed down to a funky pizza place where they had ... wait for it ... WiFi! Dima and I split a pizza and then I managed to get some online time sorting out where to stay in the upcoming days.

Thirty minutes later, the crowd from the previous night (not looking so merry I might add) struggled into the restaurant, and we headed back to the park for some more casual beer drinking. (We all made a pact not to open up the bottle of Nemiroff in the trunk of the car...) A few of us headed back to Alex's flat and then had a bit of dinner, and then I promptly started to get the extra sleep that I needed from the night before.

No comments:

Post a Comment