Friday, July 3, 2009

Day 60, June 26 - Aqtobe visa registration day

0km - 4000km, warm 24C, 20km/h S wind, 0 shots, 0 sauna, 1 Lenin, CS

Woke up at Perry's with a bit of a headache and had to drive his friend to the bus station at 1000h. After a brief driving tour of the city, we came home, slept for a few hours, then woke up and had breakfast. By this point I realized that I was not fully capable of heading any place that day and begged Perry to let me stay one more night (Thanks!).

The only thing I had to accomplish today was registering my visa with the appropriate authorities. Before doing so, we went over to Perry's NGO workplace (he brings organizational experience/talent to a Kazakh NGO specializing in care for the handicapped), and then went with his co-worker to the police station to do the registration. We decided that it would be nice to have BBQ for dinner, so we went to the supermarket to get stuff for hamburgers (sadly, no tri-tip). Went home to build the fire to make coals, made and cooked burgers and some filet. Perry's friend came over and chatted for a couple of hours, by which time we needed to go to bed to shake off the remaining samagone residue from my body.

1 comment:

  1. Car in field photo: thanks for my new desktop background...

    ReplyDelete