Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Day 71, July 7, Turkistan (Recovery from Moctezuma's Revenge)

0km - 4555km, hot 38C, wind, 0 shots, 0 sauna, 1 Lenin, Hotel

Woke up repeatedly in the night for a quick inspection of the bathroom. Seeing that everything was in order, I earned another hour of sleep before repeating the procedure. Finally got some unbroken sleep and awoke around 1130h. Read for about three hours, drinking my last few litres of water. Got up the courage around 1500h to leave my room and head the 500m into the town center to get food. The thought of eating Kazakh dishes at the point almost made me physically ill; however, I managed to spot a small Chinese cafe that had some moderately delicious stir-fry (though without rice - a Chinese restaurant first for me!). Headed back to the hotel and slept for another three hours before heading back to the Chinese cafe again for a little bit more dinner! I decided that I would get up early the next morning to try to ride back to Shymkent. So I went to bed early - and then tossed and turned for a while whilst resuming my bathroom inspections. Overall, quite a shitty day.

No comments:

Post a Comment